Co-curricular activities in DPS are an integral part of curriculum which provides educational activities to the students and thereby help in broadening their experiences. Co-curricular activities can be defined as the activities that enhance and enrich the regular curriculum during the normal school hours. All co-curricular activities are organized with specific purpose which vary according to the nature and form of such activities.
- These activities are designed to meet the needs of the students and cover a broad/wide range of their abilities and talents.
- Such activities stimulate the interests in the students and provide equal opportunities to all the students to participate.
- These activities enhance the learning experience of the students and help in recognizing and developing their inner skills such as leadership qualities, creative or innovative skills etc.
- Co-curricular and extra- curricular activities give the students a chance to think out of their box and get creative ideas of their own with the help of a guide/facilitator.
- These activities help the students in developing richer learning experiences by giving them a chance to think in new ways to solve a problem or answer a question.
- Students need to take time outs to do more than just studying. Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities give them a chance to relax, refresh and mingle easily with others.
- In short, these activities prepare the students practically for their future.
- The normal curriculum teaches and educates the student about academic theories while co- curricular activities and extra-curricular activities help the student to apply what he/ she has learned to practice in their practical life.
- These activities help in developing the grasping power of the students and provide an opportunity to the students to work in teams and thus develop team spirit in them.
- Most of the Co-curricular and Extra co-curricular activities are to keep the students physically active and get them out their desks to try out new things in practical way.